Whoa! We experienced quite the church planting experience today in our gathering time! I arrived to the high school at around 7 am to set up when I saw our trailer and the fellas heading the other way. I stopped and asked what was up and they told me that the school had a fire and we couldn't meet in the cafeteria!

Apparently someone broke into the school, poured petrol around the library and struck a match and left. There was obviously some damage and odor issues. We ended up in the Performing Arts Center at the High School. It is a very very very nice auditorium that we could not afford. Kid's had to move as well - so we were all being flexible and we had an awesome team of people rise to the challenge.

Everything went smoothly and seemed to come off well. I enjoyed the room, but would not want it regularly... wierd. I think it feels too performance (hence the name). It also did not have a ton of room to move around and allow for connecting - which is a staple in our gathering diet. Soooo - it was fun to be fast on our feet. God was good.

We finally finished up our ORIGINS conversations (series). Today was on Joseph - which went fine - but it is a HUGE story and it took a while. I look forward to the shorter topics ahead for a change.

Spent some time with family after the gathering. Great time - also got to see my parent's house that they are building - very cool and closer to us! :)

Well have a swell evening and God bless!

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog