This is a test...
A lot of individuals, including myself, enjoy looking at trends of emerging churches and how the church will look in this new era. So - to become one of the heroes of the new "post modern" church movement you have to be seen in the blog world as part poet, part philosopher, part ranter and all around innovative fella. The goal is to be trendy by being anti-trendy. Anyways - I like the post modern ideas and definately fall into that category (even though we are supposed to hate those right?) So I thought I'd joke around and see if this blog would attract the masses of pastors in my shoes looking for the next thing... I think I've found that the next thing is the Bible. Weird huh? But alas, I love my Leonard Sweet and Emerging Church stuff... So if this lost you - sorry - I'll get back to my mind numbing stuff about my terribly exciting life as a guy starting a church later... So I am going to type a bunch of "key words" and terms that may catch readers... If I got you this way...HELLO - I hope you don't feel used - that was so modern of me! :) Maybe you'll stick around - since I may be a bit like you (not to label or anything.)

Here is my statements:

"Postmodern Church"
"Emerging Church"
"Worship Stations"
"Generation Next"
"Worship Evangelism"
"Ancient Future"
"Leonard Sweet"
"Briand McLaren"
"Narrative"
"EPIC"
"The Journey"
"Connect"
"Dialogue"
"liturgy"
"holistic"
"missional"
"Celtic"
"emergent"
"relevant"
"mosaic"
postmodern, postmodern, postmodern, postmodern, post modern, next generation, candles, stained glass and a cross.

:) Just an experiment. If this wasted your time - sorry - hopeful you found it amusing. But I did realize something in this process... The whole "emerging church" has its own heroes, verbage and lingo... Postmoderneze is the new language. We are becoming that which we despise. Our parents. :) although - my parents rock.

Lots of love and time to finish up stuff for our "gathering" :)

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog