Tonight I met with a prayer partner. His name is Paul and he prays for me through out the week. Anyways - I always enjoy getting together with him because we get to chat about stuff and pray about it. It also gives me a chance to pray for him. I am amazed that there are people who pray for me. It is a humbling experience. It is a VITAL NECESSITY! I don't always treat prayer that way, but I believe that it needs to be a bigger priority in my life, because initmacy with God is the most important thing.

Anyways - tomorrow I have my once a month DAWG (Day Alone With God). For those of you who don't know what this is... I spend a day reading, praying, worshiping, talking to people about God and just being quiet with God. This is a time to creatively spend the day with God to grow my relationship with Him, seek His guidance and just align with Him. Tomorrow I am going to spend time listening to God.

How will I listen to God?
1) Get in a quiet place and bring a notebook, Bible and pen.
2) Be quiet and listen to God in my spirit.
3) As ideas pop into my head (usually things I SHOULD be doing) I just write them down as reminders.
4) As those ideas and worries dump - I get to a quiet time and focus on God with an openness to what He wants to say.
5) I decide that I will do whatever He tells me to do (after checking it with Scripture).
6) I write down thoughts from God.

I look forward to seeing if I can be patient enough to quiet myself to hear God's voice... I'll let you know how it goes (if appropriate I will get specific.)

Anyways - that's tomorrow. Tonight I watched '24.' I love that show. I better go to bed, but first I need to finish sending the program stuff for Sunday's gathering.

Break like the wind,

sd

I know I have been talking about the Twisted Banana - I just want to highlight an interesting "sermon" they have listed regarding vomit... Maybe I'll preach it sometime! (link to left)

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog