Today was one of those frustrating moments for me in church planting. Today I wanted to have an office. I am tired of trying to write messages and study in coffee houses and libraries. Don't get me wrong - I love the fact that I work within the community and would never want to go back to the "office life" where I find myself feeling out of touch with the community... BUT, I would love to have a place for maybe two days to get away and study and focus and be quiet. I also had a serious meeting with someone at a restaurant and would have liked to offer to meet at "my office" where it is private and without distractions of coffee refills. If you are planning on church planting I would highly encourage you to not work from home as much as possible. I would encourage you also to work in the community as much as possible, but plan a place to get away and nut stuff out. I think I screw up because I don't plan in advance where I am going to work sometimes and find myself going back to the same places or being frustrated that I have no place to go.

I always have loved having an office during the years of ministry... I have worked as a pastor in a garage office, big office without windows, cubicle, nice office with windows, narrow office, leaky office with a monster closet and now no office... It is not about the office - in all these places it was just a place to get away and get stuff done. BUT - the wierd thing is that when I had an office I had to "get away" to get more done. Now I want to get an office to "get away." Hmmmm.

I am going to work out tonight with Davie boy... I have been eating HORRIBLE! Jelly beans, cadbury eggs, hot dogs and all kinds of bad naughty foods. So I have got to hit it hard or I will be the dough boy this summer. :)->--<

Go tigers,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog