I may have mentioned this, but it was a year ago on April 15th, 2003 that we had our first vision chat to introduce people to the dream of Watermark. God has moved in so many incredible ways since then... I'll list a small portion for the glory of God:
> God has put together the most incredible and diverse core team!
> God took away obstacles to us being at the high school
> God provided a trailer and the funds to get another trailer and 300 very nice chairs
> God brought unchurched spiritually disconnected people and helped them belong before they believed and became
> We had 18 baptisms
> We have phenominal relationships with our high school facilities personnel
> The River has taken us deeper in living out the life with God
> Life Groups are growing and people are seeing their lives changed
> People who said they would never be caught in a church are serving
> God is blessing other churches that partner with Watermark! This has been a prayer of mine for our partners.
> We have built some emerging and growing partnerships with churches in NZ and other missions opportunities
> ON and on and on and on and on it could go - specific people - events (like the coast guard parade) - etc...

Anyways - I guess I can sum it up by saying: a year ago there was nothing more than a dream, but now there is reality and the vision still stands.

I talked for a while this morning about God's Word - which by the way - I need to study still before I hit the pillow. I felt pretty good about it - mainly because I had started and stopped it three times and I was passionate about it. Tonight we had a great turn out for Core Focus! Our group made dinner and Alicia and Vicki kicked but on the meal. Kathy and Cathy provided some great deserts. We chatted about where we have seen God move and heard updates about our kids program and life groups. Then I did a teaching on the change process... (learned from Wayne Schmidt)

1. Denial
2. Resistence (if there is no resistence - there is no change. This is where we need to lead people through it...)
3. Exploration
4. Commitment

When changing: Ask - is this change for God's glory? is this change for the good of God's people?

24 was awesome once again... my nose is bleeding... what?
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog