I have been thinking (actually feeling) lately about the incredible revolutionary simple truth that I am the church. Whoa. What if I actually grasped this concept and helped others see this truth as well? What would our community look like? What would our daily times with God look like? What would our life groups look like? What would our times of gathering look like? What would our families look like? (You get the idea...)

Seriously - the fact that we are called to be disciples (students/followers) of Jesus rather than consumers of Him will really change us. It comes down to who is the center of our life: Jesus or self. Self is about me and consuming. Jesus is about God and serving. I realize this may be elementary, but I don't feel like I am totally living it yet, therefore - do I need to go back to school with God until I get this elementary truth into my very bones? (aka Billy Madison)

Moving on... I have been studying a lot about study. (This reminds me of a class I took in middle school called: "How to Study." My uncle taught the class and I got a D+! A D+ in a class on how to study!) Anyways - one thought I want to leave you with: kids who were five years old at the time of Jesus began to study the TORAH (first five books of Bible / God's guidance). I have heard many people over the course of my life time say that they don't study the Bible (especially the OT) because they don't understand it. If children at the time of Jesus were studying and memorizing the first five books of the Bible at the age of five... I ask - do we really not understand it - or are we just not willing to work to understand it? Just thinking... Again I need to go back to elementary school in the things of God. (Maybe I never left.)

Recess bell is ringing,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog