Keith Drury writes a lot of great and challenging stuff. (Link under study, growth and conversation.) Anyways - one of his leadership insights into leadership is the "Army Idea"

The Army Idea is the understanding that leaders serve the front lines, the battlefield soldiers, not the reverse.



This reminds me of Ephesians 4:11-12: "He (God) handed out gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, and pastor-teacher to train Christians in skilled servant work, working within Christ's body, the church." We who are in positions of leadership are the servants of the servants.

Sometimes I think people (including me) think leadership is glamorous or somehow more important, but it is as simple as being a servant to God's servants. All of a sudden it doesn't seem as exciting... :) I pray that I will be used by God to be able to serve and equip my family and Watermark to follow God as ministers.

I need to fine tune my message still so I need to go... I am excited about the message, but have WAY too much stuff and too little time and focus needed. Good night.

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children." Deut.6

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog