I fear the Tigers may have won their games for the year. Just kidding - they should be much better, however, they still have a ways to go!

Watched some Leadership videos tonight. I am considering using some outside resources for our core team to ingest for training and growth. I listened to Erwin McManus share about the "character matrix." It was a good talk and the best thing that I was reminded of was to be faithful to God in serving - even in the "little" things. To never see the opportunities to serve God and others as "little." That humility and servanthood leads to faithfulness, which leads to perseverance, which grows wisdom...

A "little" thing is not insignificant. I think I too often define something's significance by what others think... (including myself) RATHER than allowing God to place value and significance on things and lives. God's values seem to be upside down in our go get it and get noticed world. I struggle with this, because I want to be liked and respected and I want to be noticed. Am I content to follow God in the "little" things to the world and culture around me?

Well - good night. We have my sister's daughter with us for a few days. We get to try out three kids! Anyways - it should be an adventure... I think I am going to spray to kill ants before I hit the pillow.

"Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." - Deut.6:4


sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog