Yesterday: Had district conference for the west michigan district of the wesleyan church. (denomination we are a part of)

Did you know? That Wesleyans were born as an anti-slavery movement? Wesleyan's were a part of the underground railroad.
Did you also know? That Wesleyans were active in women's issues and promoted women in ministry before the 20th century.

One of our general superintendents (big bosses) said that even though we were extremely active in the anti-slavery movement we have a very small percentage of african american's apart of our churches. We need to work on the BELONGING... We come from a socially progressive denomination that pushed for social justice as an outgrowth of holy living.

The question for Watermark and every Wesleyan church... WE HAVE A GREAT HISTORY - WHAT DOES THE PRESENT AND FUTURE LOOK LIKE? I am happy to be apart of the God given wesleyan story and I want to see us recapture the love of Christ that leads us to holy living that leads to social impact from love.
> > > > > > > > > >
We have been enjoying our fire pit. SMORES! I eat my marshmellow with two halves of chocolate (no graham cracker) - it is messy and tasty and a bit fattening.
< < < < < < < < < <
Hung out with Ed this morning - very encouraging and impacting time. I need to do SERIOUS work in my life to bring health on multiple levels. I'll keep you updated, but I will not fall into the trap of commune karl and the thompson clan :) Just kidding.
> > > > > > > > > >
Mowed the lawn today - I like that. Brings me back to my days as a lawn boy for the cemetary in Holland. I love the cemetary - really I do. I worked at a cemetary where my great great great grandparents, my great great grandparents, my great grandparents and one of my grandmother is buried. Us dutch people didn't move around much. :)
< < < < < < < < < <
Hung out with Boeve's tonight - great encouraging and helpful time chatting about life, marriage and kids. They are great encouragers and awesome examples.
> > > > > > > > > >
Tomorrow my dad gets ordained as a minister. I am proud of him! Way to go DIBS!

Welcome back Falcon - only two weeks of camp - do you remember where you live? I am sure everything was epic.

My wife is city (good looking),
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog