Hung out with Paul and Stephanie today. Great time!
We went downtown tonight and grabbed some ice cream, walked to the end of the pier and then took in the musical fountain.

The fountain's musical theme was the 1980's. I expected Devo, Flock of Seagulls, even Bryan Adams, but endured Neil Diamond, The Beach Boys and a little, "Don't worry be happy." It is funny how some music defined the decade and others were just made and played in the 80's.

I won't make a spiritual analogy.

We did hear a little Christopher Cross - who reminds me of my dad - because my dad loved the song "sailing." Also he just makes me chill out and feel good. I need to listen to Christopher Cross more. :) Then I'll throw in some Dan Folgerberg and James Taylor and finally look in the mirror and declare myself a "family man" with no taste in music. Then I'll announce: "I don't care."

Funny - as a teen I made fun of the family guys in their vans and poor choices of music. Now I am that guy (minus the van) and I don't care. Could it be that they didn't either... hmmmmm.

Boy, that was a waste of brain power.

Gathering tomorrow and Nate Smith is bringing the message. Bring it brotha!

I find myself struggling to re-enter life after my time of planning away...


"I am the musical fountain."
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very nice site! » » »

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog