Got my kicks on mentoring 66.

Spent time with two interns from Spring Lake Wesleyan and downloaded ministry stuff and church planting. I love to talk about who God is calling us to be. It really gets me excited. The sheer cost and payoff of living life in the vision God has been laying out is refreshing and compelling. (I would say intoxicating if I was a New Zealand Wesleyan.) :)

I was reminded of a few things:
1) This vision God has laid out is something I and my family are called to regardless of anyone else joining or leaving.
THOUGH NONE GO WITH ME - STILL I WILL FOLLOW - NO TURNING BACK - NO TURNING BACK.
2) If Watermark disolved would the community we live in miss us? I want that to be a resounding yes because we are bring Christ and His Kingdom.
3) We are to be a GO and BE Church - not a COME and SEE Church. We want people to see themselves as extension chords and not as batteries.

Batteries need recharging and then they use up their energy and come back for more recharging. ("come" to church to be filled)

Extension chords are plugged into the power source and is a conduit to connect others to that source - going out from the power to the thing in need of the power. ("go" and power others to be connected.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So I got some stuff done today for Sunday's talk and spent time with Takas and Thompson.
Had an awesome meeting with Jeffrey Boeve - very encouraging and refreshing.
Epic time with the interns.
Good quick chat with a buddy named Matt that I haven't seen in a while.

To top the day off - we had a fire in our back yard (in the fire pit) and had six of our former high school students (from our youth years at SLWC) stop over and hang out for the night. It is so great to hear what is going on in their lives. Vicki kicked booty on the fire. BEAUTIFUL FIRE! AHHHHHH.

It was a God moment.

Basking in the coals of the Lord,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog