Back in the pocket.
Great time away of planning and work with my dad.
Beautiful spot high above the Muskegon River.
Woods surrounding us - on a deck - listening to the river...
Peaceful. Quiet. Calming.

I slept well.

Got the following done:
> Completed a book entitled: "Making Room for Life"
> Worked on my schedule and standard week for the year ahead
> Spent time listening to God and working through some personal items
> Laid out Core Focus ideas, potential dates and communicators
> Worked through priorities for this season of Watermark for myself and the team
> Read the book entitled: "Missional Church"
> Listened to three tapes by Dwight Pryor regarding the church
> Studied other materials regarding the purpose of the church
> Laid out the August conversation series about the church: "Reimagine."
> Finished the first message (Aug. 8th) for that conversation
> Identified details and little things hanging over me that needed to be done and completed what I could
> Read a chunk from the book: "Execution" and thought through areas we need to better execute and how
> Thought through some upcoming leadership decisions and future needs for Watermark

I had a great time with my dad. He got a ton done and I enjoyed watching him work himself silly. What?! We enjoyed our times in the evenings. We went to two movies and ate out. I also enjoyed chatting with my dad about ministry, life and spiritual gifts.

HEY! I found out the Trooper has more problems!!!! AWESOME! That means we would have to put way too much money into it than what it would ever be worth! SWEET! :) So it looks like we will donate it and look for another mode of transportation... So much for all the great financial plans we laid out. But that is life and we keep rolling and smiling.

One of my best buddies from college, (my roommate from my sophmore year), Paul Wiley, is coming into town with his fiance'. He is freaking hilarious and I look forward to hanging with them and having them at the house tomorrow and at the gathering on Sunday.

Cars are of the devil.

Good to be with the family!
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog