Well my honey is home. She even survived IKEA. Many of you have heard my difficulties with IKEA. When we lived in Sydney we had a close relationship with the furniture giant. We lived about a five min. drive to a big ole store. Also our church, Crossroads, leased a former IKEA warehouse (from my memory). So Vicki and I were excited to learn that IKEA was in the states as well. But what used to be a little adventure in Sydney - now became hell on earth in Chicago's suburbs. I am all about a bargain (I am dutch background), however the loooonnnngggg wait in traffic, the exciting build up of finding great deals to write down only to not find it in stock ANY TIME WE GO!, and the unhelpful staff that discusses how they can avoid work drives me bonkers! But alas, I am a follower of Jesus and I should not be concerned with material possesions and petty frustrations....right? But - anyways - it is nice to have Vicki home.

Tonight I was going to go golfing, but found myself with a horrible head ache and body pains. Bugger.

I have been keeping up with politics as usual and one story that I find helpful for my self esteem is the Sandy Berger situation. Here is the former National Security Advisor "ALLEGEDLY" stuffing notes and papers down his pants and socks that are of the confidential nature! When found out and confronted by the national press the new talking point for this is that Sandy is SLOPPY. In fact former President Clinton said his team is laughing about this because Sandy is always buried under a mess of paper and he is a work aholic. SOOOOO - if one of the top aids to the President can be buried in paper and be a sloppy mess - surely I can be too. I feel better knowing that I am okay and our nation entrusted National Security Leadership to someone as sloppy as me. Makes me sleep better at night. What? :) Just kidding. Anyways - we should be hearing the tough talk from both the Donkeys and Elephants heat up in the monthes to come. The joys. This is like the Superbowl for me.

I am pumped about our REIMAGINE conversation series! Should be fun! Also we are heading to the Leadership Summit with some folks - I always am challenged and stretched. I am very determined to impliment at least two things I learn that fit our context and roles. I do not want to spend the money and go - only to hear and talk about good stuff. I want to turn vision and learning into action. This is the year of EXECUTION! Can you dig it?

Finally, I enjoy playing a game called: "bzflag" - it is a tank online game that is heaps of fun and I encourage you to download it and play with me sometime. Just type in the name and you should find it and then let me know. That is my little fun in the late evenings when I get a chance.

Eating ice cream,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog