For the last few days I have had a terrible sore throat. Today I woke up and went to the emergency room to visit with a doctor. I am not someone who goes to see a doctor. When I was a kid the philosphy of my folks was that eventually we would get better - why see a doctor? So - stubborn Steve rarely goes and when I do they don't seem to give me anything to help. Today was an example of this. It is a virus that I have to wait out. Before hearing that it was a virus I suggested that the doctor give me the anti-biotics needed and I would be on my way... (kind of a joke) the doctor went into his belief that we are pushing too many anti-biotics on people and that the medical community is having people wait out sickness, I felt like a guy who came acting sick to score some drugs and he was setting the record straight. Some people have a difficult time picking up joking - especially when it is done in a serious manner with not enough sarcasm in the tone of my voice.

Kinda funny - so I hung out on the couch, got a bunch of paper work done for the gathering and worked on my Surf City talk for tomorrow. Also tomorrow we are going to announce that we are looking into adding a gathering. We have a team of people working on this and the timing of it all, but planting a gathering would be a great step forward for us in effectiveness and making room for others. I will go into more detail on the reasoning. My hope and prayer is that Watermark will be unified in the vision and mission God has given us and that we would plant a gathering to provide greater effectiveness in our kid's ministry and more room for people to belong.

Nate Smithy is bringing the thunder tomorrow and next week one of my spiritual mentors is speaking. His name is Ron Kopicko and he is an awesome Bible teacher and chaplain of Spring Arbor University. He made a huge impact on me following college while I worked at Spring Lake Wesleyan. I would drive to meet him half way and he challenged me and encouraged me. So it is an honor to have him with us at Watermark on August 1st.

Anything Box was a good band,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog