Worked on my message today and felt like I didn't get anywhere. Sometimes I face this situation - where I feel like I am wading through deep mud to put together a clear teaching. I have a few different directions this could go... We are discussing being an influence in your family. The game is Simon.

Had a couple over from Watermark and their last name is Deur. He is a distant cousin, but it is kinda cool how they got plugged into Watermark and we have the same freaking name! That may not seem wierd if your last name is Jones or Smith (both falcon names - you know who you are - but "DEUR!" dutch for 'door.') They are great and we enjoyed our time together.

Tomorrow I go to the Detroit area for a ministerial convention. They usually have good speakers that are challenging and I enjoy my time with other pastors. I hope that I can effectively share God's story through Watermark and encourage other churches to plant.

I got a book on preaching that I am looking forward to reading and growing from. I really want to be more effective in my communication and feel such a burden in that area. Well - I wanted to highlight a book written for those church leaders who want to be involved in starting church planting movements. It is by Phil Stevenson and it is called: Ripple Church. Link to the left under books.

PS - I was struck again that the Bible and its stories are true and real! I read my daughter the story of God speaking to Samuel and Jesus walking on the water and again told her that these stories were real. I explained that I was on a boat on the same lake Jesus walked on... She just got wide eyed... Then I told her that Jesus lives in us and she asked if I can walk on water. :) Jesus - the same Jesus who walked on water resides in me through His Spirit! Man - He is real - He has power - He is active in my life - that changes the way you live. Sorry - sometimes I get hit with a sense of clarity. :)

HE WALKED ON WATER!
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog