I am supposed to be typing a message at the moment. Vicki and I are in high gear getting ready for a marriage retreat we are doing for a local church tomorrow. This always gives us an opportunity to look at our marriage and realize that we have a lot of work to do. Man! One insight that we've been reminded of lately is that we are married to sinners.

My wife is a saint in God's eyes through Jesus' sacrifice, but she still does what she does not want to do and does not do the things she wants to do. I still am a sinner and fall short of the glory of God - along with the rest of us! We are married to sinners in word and deed - even though we are saints with God... So - here is my question... Why do I have so little grace for my wife (a sinner in need of a savior / a saint only through God's grace)? And why do I have so much grace for myself and others? I almost am blown away if she is selfish... I am taken aback if she lacks forgiveness... But I can justify my "little" quirks and malfunctions. After all nobody's perfect - but my wife should be. What? Anyways - I think you are getting the idea.

So - we had a great life group meeting last night at the VanKuikens... We ate together an awesome meal of ham and fixens (we usually have pizza at the deur home) and chatted about life and God. I love hearing the questions about God and my group is growing alot. More and more of them feel comfortable to share and pray outloud. Anyways - we are going with a few of our life groupers to a marriage retreat tonight. Gary Thomas!

I am in love with Gary Thomas!
I have been a fan of his since reading the AWESOME book (read it you lazy internet junkie! What?) called: "Seeking the Face of God." If you haven't read his books - "sacred marriage" or "sacred parenting" you are to be flogged! :)
Photo of Gary below:



I gotta run and get back to work. I have 2 more messages to write!!!! I love it though.
Thanks to my mom for hanging with the kids today so Vicki and I could work on the messages together... My family is the freaking bomb!

I be a saint sucka,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog