Had a few morning meetings today that went great and then had lunch with 2 other church planters and my district superintendent. We went to the DeeLite and my DS paid - bonus! It was cool to hear the stories of how God is moving in their new churches. Phil is one of the church planters who started the same time as us and have had wonderful God sized results with people coming to Jesus. I am rooming with Phil next week for our Wesleyan Ministerial Convention in Detroit. I hope that we can chat with pastors about church planting and be able to raise the value.

I spent time thinking through who is a part of Watermark and realized that at least 50% of those who are involved, in my rough calculation, are previously unchurched, dechurched or recently disconnected. I was encouraged by that observation, but I still think that can be a lot higher and should be. As we get older as a church we should see that number rise instead of fall. It seems though, that as a church gets older it would go the other way... Hmmm I don't know - but what I do know is that God is moving and bringing people to Jesus and I am hungry to see that happen in the lives of more people!

I am adding a reading section again. I will list books that I am currently reading. I have been slacking off on the reading lately and need to regain that passion for growth! - As my dad says to my daughter, "You gotta learn!" :)

Humbled to be on the journey,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog