Well first I need to apologize to Dave Drury for not showing up to work out. I did get to bed late, but I could not sleep. I had a bunch of things turning over in my mind and nothing seemed to help. Needless to say I hardly slept. I need to get to bed earlier and not think too much before bed!

Moving on... Today I got my second message done (out of four) for our middle school camp starting Weds. It has been good to go through the story of Gideon and learn from him. I had forgotten how Gideon basically blew it in the end. Gideon is called by God to call His people Israel back to Him and away from idols... Gideon begins his leadership by tearing down idols and then at the end of his leadership he creates a golden ephod and people begin to worship it as an idol. It is amazing how we can start with a solid vision and strong conviction in leadership, but then compromise and make it more about yourself...

God keep me humble and make me all about You.

Thristy Gathering tonight at the Grand Haven Community Center. This is a time of deeper prayer, worship and connection. tonight I am planning on visiting with some New Zealanders in Kentwood. Hopefully I'll see Brett and Kristin. (aka: the flying KIWI)

Taking the army down to 300,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog