Just wanted to thank God again for my awesome family. My wife is the most unbelievablely loving partner and my kids are incredible! Thanks God!

This morning I had breakfast with our leadership life group. It is great getting together with these fellas. I really appreciate the fact we make it a priority to pray together. Following that meeting I came home and spent a chunk of the day chasing down statistics and filling in forms for our district. I understand the importance of statistics, but I am not a big stats fan. A few ended up being quite interesting... But one question that I found difficult to answer was "number saved."

Our church has a lot of people new to church and to God. I have seen people embracing Jesus over the course of the year and we can't pin point a date. We have seen people's lives changed, but it is much more process oriented. That question: "number saved," is built for crusade ministry - for altar calls - for sign on the dotted line in the moment ministry. And we have had a few of those! Praise God, but I wish there was a stat that asked: "number in process." :) We need to have moments and processes.

I may come back to this later, but in any case I praise God for helping people connect with Him... He is the one that draws and calls and it is a joy to be used by Him to show His love and share His truth.

A good book on sharing Jesus is: "More ready than you realize." by Brian McLaren.

Well tonight we had a good life group. Celebrated Christy VK's birthday. We had a great summer meal of burgers, baked beans and homemade salsa that freaking rocked! Good time with good friends. We chatted a bit about what the gospel is and how it was shared with us when we came to follow Jesus.

GO PISTONS!!!!! Early morning workout tomorrow! I am enjoying becoming a morning person...

Fair Dinkum,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog