Tonight we hung out with our small group. Pizza and coffee out on the town. We had a great time connecting!
We really enjoy our small group and look forward to seeing how we grow with God and each other.

Tomorrow is our third public gathering. I put an ad in the paper for today (Sat.) because I have been getting calls wondering about the basic times and places of Watermark. Hopefully that will communicate to those looking for info. about the new church in town.

I had a blast this morning doing a devotional for the church planters assesment center. It was a wonderful experience to be with people who are passionate about planting. I spoke about the story of the paralyzed man getting healed by coming through the roof. One point I want to highlight or I guess it is a question to ask myself. Why is it so easy to loose focus on who really makes changes in people's lives? These guys bringing their friend to Jesus knew that only He could change their friends life. Why do I become so preoccupied with dropping people through the roof and worrying about the method of bringing people to Jesus? I think the method is a huge piece, but sometimes I focus on ripping the roof up, dropping my friend through the hole and forgetting that Jesus has GOT TO BE THE CENTER! Without Jesus in the room it is just a nice stunt. That probably doesn't make much sense, but it does to me and it means that I ahve got to stay focussed on WHY we are launching Watermark.

Well - TURN YOUR CLOCK BACK TONIGHT! :) Thank you God for extra sleep. Although I am officially sick.

Wade called me from the Blue Man group concert in Chicago. Sounded good - he just yelled in the ear piece that he couldn't hear me and he'd talk to me tomorrow. Pretty cool. We should start something like that. Call it the orange man group or something whacked like that!

Keeping the beat,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog