Pulling together details for our launch this Sunday.
I need to make sure I spend some good time tomorrow on the message.

We are going to be starting our conversation called: Origins.
It is a 2 month journey through Genesis. I believe it will be impacting for the young and old of the faith.

This Sunday we are starting with Genesis 1:1 and looking at the assumption of the passage that God is here.
I find that when the book of Genesis comes up it becomes a monster battle ground for people to discuss the proper interpretation of the creation story. The charts come out, the theological books open up and the arguments fly. A lot of great stuff is out there on these subjects and I respect people with differing views on the hows of creation.

We are not going to be looking to Genesis for the hows for this series. We are going to focus on the who.
This week we are going to attempt to enter into deeper water... entering into more of the mystery and wonder of God.
Being in awe of God.

I have been a follower of Jesus (I do think it is okay to say Christian - those from Antioch were described that way and they seemed to have a great kingdom vision) - but anyways... since 1985 I've known Jesus personally (got beyond religion).
Along the past almost 20 years God has been someone to study - to understand - to lay out in arguments - to set up clean logical systems to know... God has- it seems- to become predictable and almost silent in some respects. It is all figured out! Yeah right!

It seems like in the past I lost the wonder of God! The HUGENESS and AWESOMENESS of Him.
I have been on a path of redisovering the wonder of who God is...
We want to recapture the mystery and experience God. For those on the journey a long time or just starting...

Any ideas or resources? Email me at: steve.deur@iamwatermark.com

PS - Can people doing the Atkins diet do something different for communion? (you know who you are!) :)

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog