Got back from a Willow Creek conference on communicating God's Word. It was great. Some good insights.
The thing I took away was that God's Word is a life changing book. It must be communicated effectively because the stakes are sooooo high. The world around us is communicating a totally different set of values. Communicating God's Word deserves our best - deserves our passion - deserves us living out what we preach.

Anyways - the importance of preaching and communicating was raised in my mind. Also - we want to be more creative in our approach to sharing truth.

I enjoyed my time away with Nate Smith and Brett Jones. Getting to know Brett better was a joy. He is from New Zealand and will be here until January with his very cool wife Kristin.

Well - we have a baptism coming up on November 2nd. I pray that people will be moved through watching others go public with their faith. Baptisms are always my favorite Christian experience. I love that it represents new life!

Anyways - have a great day and God Bless,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog