Just finished up a video for this Sunday's gathering. We ask people what "completes them." Interesting responses. One dude mentioned God as one of the people that completes him. He said, "God does a pretty good job at that too..." and then he chuckled.

One woman became so annoyed with us that she punched me. Just kidding - sounded more fun though... People were responsive to the camera. Except for one family that parked, saw the camera and what we were doing, and drove around until they found a space where we weren't. A simple "no" would have been fine, but they wasted at least 5 min. of their life driving around - trapped by fear. I thought we should sit at their car waiting for them to return from PET SMART. It would have been interesting to see how they would respond. Do they walk home? For the love - just say, "no."

That leads me into a point that popped into my head. What is it about people that makes us avoid conflict or saying no at all costs. I personally hate to talk to someone when I have to challenge them or confront them. It is an agonizing experience. I think if you like it - you have a problem. But, I have been called to be assertive. I have been called to see a church launched. There is a HUGE impact that must be made and if I care enough for people and care enough for the cause then I can surely care enough to confront. But - it still is hard. It's easy to sweep things under the rug. But then it gets stinky. (like the time we put a dead raccoon above a cealing tile on BETA II in college) Beautiful!

Well - I don't have to confront anyone, but it just made me think about that.

Hot tub is up and running! Thank you God!

Gonna make me sweat!
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog