We are gearing up for a garage sale in a week or so. Our whole street is piling on and we are going to become little individual Wallmarts. It is dangerous for me to go through our "stuff." Our "stuff" is not made up of cool toys, expensive products and such. Our "stuff" is old notebooks full of ideas and articles. It is old clothes from my early twenties and college that I wore almost everyday and therefore it has become a part of me. It is baseball cards and books. Our "stuff" is all about MEMORIES! I am the sentimental maniac. Today I chose to to throw out some items that were almost sacred to me, but also almost forgotten. It is clean sweep time! The twenties are over. Those days in my twenties are just memories packed in boxes and never to be brought out again - in fact they are heading toward a dump somewhere, which brings me to my next thoughts...

I have recently been feeling moved to impact the poor in the world. I am overwhelmed by how little people in the world have and how much they need. I toss stained shirts and they have nothing to wear. I complain over having to buy a no name brand food item and they have nothing to eat. The church of Jesus Christ has got to be the solution to these situations. (PS - I am the church and accept resposibility.) How do we meet needs? How do we help people get back on their feet in a dignified and equipping manner? How can we as Watermark impact the world for Christ by impacting the poor? Anyways - I am trying to figure this out. I am also just trying to live generously.

"I was hungry and you gave me something to eat..."

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog