Evil exists. If you have seen photos or saw the story of Nick Berg, a civilian contractor, that was beheaded by Islamic Militants then you may feel like me. Evil exists. How can anyone in the name of "god" kill an innocent man and think paradise awaits them as reward. There is no amount of negotiating with people like this. What stops such evil? As a follower of Jesus - how do we as the church battle evil so that the gates of hell will not overcome us in the power of Jesus?

I am sickened by the story. But hopeful in Jesus. One thing that I realized is that if these people could get their hands on my children - they would kill them. That changes the whole war on terrorism thing for me. It takes on new urgency. I guess I'm angry and outraged.

God help us - bring peace - defeat evil and use us to do it.

sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great site »

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog