Vicki has been sick for about 48 hours. I am holding down the fort while she can't even hardly move.
Please take a second and pray that she will receive healing from God. Thanks.

Today is Memorial Day. I am a partriotic person. I was brought up that way... Both of my grandfather's fought in WW2. I think we forget too quickly and easily the incredible sacrifice and cost of freedom. I know that I take it forgranted on almost a daily basis. Today we remember that freedom costs. Today we remember that men and women paid the price of their lives, time, health, future and agendas.

Thank you to all who served us to protect us and to secure freedom.

My grandfather, Howard Deur, was supposed to have received his bronze star following the war, but never did, along with many veterans. A few years ago Rep. Pete Hoekstra gave him the star and this article briefly tells about him. I'm proud of this little guy who had big courage in the face of bigger fear.
Article about Howard Deur

One thing he said was that there were times while in action that he sensed he was in the hand of God. Before going into battle he would remember and sing of that hymn that goes...
"Precious Lord take my hand,
lead me on, Let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn.
Through the storm, through the night,
lead me on to the light.
Take my hand Precious Lord,
lead me home."

Powerful.

Have a great day,
sd


Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog