I came acrossmkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkjjjjjmnhjjnnnnnnnnnnn-9oooooo0ijjiIJuuiuiJuj.

[Sorry I had to get up to answer my phone and my son was apparently hitting the keyboard. He is a blogger.]

Anyways,
I came across some posts today on different Christian web sites recently and a theme I keep hearing is how "the church" is ineffective, "the church" is out of touch, "the church" is self serving, etc... It basically was a rip the church to shreds experience. I want to throw my nickel in...

I think ripping on "the church" is probably warranted at times, however I do think that many people do it from a position of spiritual arrogance. Call me a person totally lacking discernment, but it seems like the posts I've read seem to come from an angle of, "I know best" and "you will never get it."

I know I could be accused and convicted of spending energy convincing people that "the church" has mismanaged our vision and calling at times. I know I have been critical of "the way things are going." BUT, I am concerned that there is a tone of arrogance, mixed with eliteism, with a dash of ignorance and a drop of anger that makes the things I've read less about caring for the church and being the church and more about saying, "I told you so" and "you're past it." I also am concerned that many of the posters seem to be talking as "outsiders" and not as those within trying to make positive changes. I fear I have lost some of you - probably because I am losing myself. :)

Is the local church perfect? To answer that in the context of you and I being the church - ask "am I perfect?"
Why do we have grace for ourselves and not for others?
Why do we hold on to our sacred cows and want to make burgers out of others?
Why do we have to always be "Right?"

I want to stand up for the local church today. Because at it's essence it is the Body of Jesus Christ. We are in this together. Sure, we goof up; sure I have been critical of the lack of action; sure, we could do better and "be" better, but in the end - Jesus comes and marries the church.

Here comes the bride,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog