Spent the day on a road trip with the staff fellas and Dontrell Willis to Spring Arbor University. He registered for classes and we spent time working on some stuff and making some connections. We chatted with the leader of the youth ministry department to connect on future internship opportunities. We really want to be a church that invests in the next generation of leaders and invests in the kingdom.

Anyways - it was good to visit the college that I attended, my wife attended, the gooch and his wife attended and Carter attended. It felt good to be there and remember my four years there. I had so many dreams... so many concerns... so many hopes... I have to say God has blessed beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you God!

Last night we had a "thirsty" gathering. This is a time of prayer, worship and sharing. It has a very loose schedule and is more open to hearing from God's Spirit and following. It was a great time of deeper connection to God. We are going to have these every month. My hope and prayer is that these "thirsty" gatherings will become a time of miracles, lives changed and God's work being moved forward.

One quick thought. As a leader - you can not move people to pray. You can not create momentum. You can not do so many things, but you can BE the right person. You can pray. You can allow God to speak and follow and get into the current of God's movement. I think that is something I'm trying to catch on to. I have to lead - not by what we need to be doing - but by being who God wants me and us to be. I need to be who I am asking others to be. I need to live it - breath it - experience it... regardless if anyone else follows. And then, I can, call people to join me with a a great degree of passion and authenticity.

Well it was a great day at the Arbor - remembering...

God has been good,



Go Cougars,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog