One of my favorite memories as a kid is Saturdays. Cartoons like the Justice League and Laugh-Olympics and old school toons like Bugs and Daffy... As I got older I became a sci-fi geek. I love star wars, star trek, battlestar galactica, and any thing future / time travel related. One of my favorite series I would see on TV was "The planet of the apes."

Now my Saturdays are part work day / part family day. The rhythm of my schedule has me taking Fridays off and Saturdays being a solid half day of work and finishing up on stuff. Oh to be a kid again.

My son is chucking his bowl full of mac and cheese around at this moment! Just a second...

I am back - after putting him to bed. My dog is cleaning up after him. She is a dirty mongrel. Just kidding - I love her, I just don't like my dog.

Watched "Master and Commander" - awesome movie about leadership, team building, facing challenges, etc... I wonder if I can just enjoy a movie without trying to learn from it?

Sorry I have nothing of value to share today. Tomorrow Thompson (aka THE GOOCH) is bringing the thunder and I am leading the gathering in a liturgical responsive reading thingy.

Remembering the ape days...



sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog