Wow - I feel like I have been non-stop all day!
1) Gathering & set up and tear down: 7 am to 12:30 pm
2) Lunch with a church planter looking at West Michigan: 12:45-2:00 pm
3) Drive to Lansing to meet up with Vicki's dad: 2:00-3:15 pm
4) Hung out with Vicki's dad (flew in from Oregon): 3:15-6:00 pm
5) Drove home to Grand Haven: 6:00-7:30 pm
6) Fuel up car: 7:30-7:50 pm
7) Put kids to bed: 8:00 pm
8) Chat on phone with long time friend: 8:30-9:30 pm
9) Hang out, catch up on email, read blogs, watch television and typing this...

So - it was a day of movement... It feels good to sit still. Is being still a spiritual discipline?

The show "Jesus" is on television as I type this. I can't help compare it to "The Passion." This version just seems to lack the realism and punch of the story. The televised version seems to be neuterd. I guess that is why Mel Gibson made sure that he pushed the realism factor with the violence. Anyways, I also realize how listening to Jesus speak english makes it seem less real as well. I am not sure how good the aramaic or latin was in the Passion movie, but it felt like you were observing the story from being there.

Anyways the crucifiction scene is on and it again reminds me of the sacrifice. Wow - thanks Jesus. I am bought with a price.

Love so amazing; so divine...
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog