I am home sick today. Actually I was sick yesterday as well, but God gave me some of that go-juice to keep me plugging along during our gathering. Following the gathering I got home and slept and then woke up and went to "The Passion."

HOLY COW!

What an amazing movie. I kept wanting to stand up and say, "You are my hero!" As I watched the movie I found myself remembering verses from Scripture that applied... An impacting moment for me was watching the way of suffering to the place of the skull where Jesus would be crucified. As I watched that long journey - full of whips - taunts - pain and exhaustion I kept hearing in my head... "If anyone wants to come after me - you must take up your cross daily and follow me." Is that what it looks like to take up my cross to follow Jesus? Is it that full of self denial and humility? GUT CHECK!

The movie was very thought provoking and my wife had a great comment. She said she felt very guilty and unworthy while watching it, but felt no condemnation. Ah the grace of God.

I was also amazed at how everyone seemed so self serving in the movie except Jesus. But watching his followers flee, Judas betray, the religous leaders threatened, Pilate covering his own backside, the Romans full of pleasure beating him, the thief on the cross taunting him... But Jesus just kept moving forward in submission to His father.

Oh to be like Jesus.

It was an inspiration and I applaud the movie as a faith building experience. I'll see it again, but not for a few days or more...

Well - have a good day and pray for some of our students at the Willow Creek Student Conference - that God would ignite a student movement to impact homes, friends and schools for Him.

The sick kid,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog