Vicki is sick. Will our family ever be healthy? "Expect a miracle brother!" :)

We spent some time today working through growth plans. These are plans for the staff gang to fill out and live out. They deal with spiritual, personal and ministry growth and goals. We also laid out an evaluation process. I have had to do evaluations of other staff members before, but this will be my first time in this sort of Lead Pastor role. I am excited about how this will help our team be focused and aligned. I really want to encourage an environment throughout our church of growth, reproduction and support. I am enjoying the role I have been serving in. I think I'll write more about that sometime soon... Anyways - we also spent time laying out our top 2 goals or priorities for the year. We are going to all rally around these priorities for the year. This will bring a good team atmosphere and unity and alignment.

This week we are looking at John 3 - Nicodemus. For a know it all he didn't know it all. Sounds like the upbringing I had in some ways... This would speak to our community and our vision of people's understanding of what it is to follow Jesus being redeemed.

** Personal Like and Dislike **
This is a quick insight into who I am and what I enjoy and do not enjoy. (It may be amazingly boring to you - if so just skip it.)

LIKE:
Tai Green Curry! I love all things curry. Indian food... Tai food... Anything spicy and exotic and ethnic. Maybe it is in response to my meat and potato dutch food upbringing. :) Thanks mom for giving me a good foundation and for filling my belly.

DISLIKE:
Fruit. I don't like watermelon or pears and hate peaches. Wierd. Some people get giddy over fruit like it is a small "g" god. I think it is slimy, messy and over rated. Maybe it is the result of the Fall (Genesis 3) - if I was Adam we still would be in the garden! :) Yeah right.

Talk to me... Tell me your name... (for ya biff) Number 29.
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog