We had a great core meeting last night. Tons of people - sitting in a circle - in my backyard - singing songs - sharing life stories - doing crazy motions and making strange sounds... To an outsider it may look a bit strange, but it was the church! Great time of looking to the Bible for direction.

I love those times together! I love this group of people and this community. I used to lean more on the community next door... You know what I mean? Grand Haven was never "my town", but now that it is - God has given me supernatural passion for it as well as for West Michigan.

Anyways - outstanding night together - God is moving. We have to continue to remember to "be the church!"

Thinking about landing on our missions statement as: Watermark exists to BE THE CHURCH and MAKE DISCIPLES.
That seems to be as biblical as you can get and true to what we are and called to be about. There is a ton wrapped up in that "be the church" line...

Have a great day - tomorrow I have district conference with Nate and Michael coming along - should be boring---eeeerrrr I mean fun. :)

hugs and kisses,
sd

A quick shout out to Greg Striker for being the pastor's pet this week. You know what I'm talking about! :)

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog