I today at 5:05 pm quit the Atkins diet. This is after only two days! Last time I tried this diet I lasted 2 weeks. Let me just say that I know the diet works. I understand the so-called benefits... But I feel horrible. Sure, I can hear it already - "your body is adjusting to having no caffeine..." I can almost hear someone saying - "it is the blood sugar!" But let me just say - I am miserable and feel terrible. It couldn't be anything I've done! :)

Chalk it up to whatever - I am less creative, more crabby and downright frustrated at every meal to come up with something to eat. So I say to you Atkins maniacs - way to go! But I will take the road less traveled. The road of candy bars and soft drinks... Wait - that isn't right. I mean - I'll jump on a new program! Body for Life!

Well - the goal is to feel and look better - so no matter how I get there - I'll keep you posted. Even though you don't care. What?!

Tonight I meet with my prayer partner who prays for me daily. We meet once a month and I am humbled at his commitment to pray for me. I need it - especially after two days with Atkins foods crammed down my stomach.

Welcome back to the normal steve - now I'll go have a piece of bread.... mmmmm bread.

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog