Today I met with GHHS about renting their facility for the new church. I took some fellas with me for their wisdom, insight and relationship with the school. It was a meeting to get the ball rolling...

Following the meeting we went to look at the school. I was impressed at the cafeteria area. It is spacious and has a refreshing feel to it.
We also looked at the classrooms - which are carpeted - and imagined meeting there. Anyways - it was helpful and I am seeking God's direction for where he wants us to be.

We are meeting on Friday with some people to look at the school and get their input - most are kid's people.
Anyways - we are looking for God to guide us. This is the adventure of planting a church!

Hung out in town today and worked on planning the teaching for the fall. I am thinking about starting the year with a teaching series called: origins (working through genesis in the bible). A great book dealing with who God is, who we are and how God initiated his redemptive story... I think there is a great parallel in dealing with starting a new church with God creating us.

Going to a minor league baseball game tonight to hear one of our core members sing the national anthem. Go Laura!

stay cool,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog