Wonder if you are making a difference?

I just had one of those fantastic "church planting" moments. I am sitting in our HUB (office/meeting space) which is located in a shopping area. We are next to "Curves" (a women's workout facility), near an appliance store and across the road from a local pharmacy with an old soda fountain. (They make their own root beer.)

Anyways - on our door it says, "Gatherings: Sundays @ Grand Haven High School..." and it tells the times we meet. Just a second a go I heard two women talking loudly outside and one women reads the door and says, "What the hell is Watermark?"

I stood up (previously unseen through the big windows as I sat at my desk) and walked toward the door. They saw me and left quickly.

Funny. I'm afraid that they may have thought that I stood up in a not friendly way - I just reacted and popped up like a jack in the box. Oh well... Just when you start thinking that things are humming along and you want to get a big head you hear: "What the hell is Watermark?" The funny thing is we asked Watermarkers that question (although phrased differently) at our gatherings... :)

Oh well - maybe we have a new bumper sticker to run with... Not: WWJD Not: Love Wins Not: My kid is an honor roll student. BUT: What the hell is Watermark? It will have people talking. :) Fun on the East side of 31.

Was Blonde blonde?
sd

Comments

C-Man said…
Yo man.

I was listening to the recording from Sunday and it was interesting to me that the first few comments were "what watermark is not".

I think also we should change the Rapids stuff -- R1 -- what the hell is Watermark?
Anonymous said…
LOL...

You should have went running out with a bucket of water and a ladle, yelling: "My name is Mark would you like some water?"

ROTFLMAO
Dave Deur said…
The great thing about this little incident is that this curious lady was asking a great question. How many people are asking the same question about other local churches? When this lady starts asking, "Who the hell is Watermark?" you'll know that she's grabbed hold of the vision.
Anonymous said…
I love reading your blog. You have a great sense of humor and are very witty.

I have zits....
Was blonde blonde?

I really dig your sporatic humor.

Gophergrll.
Anonymous said…
Best regards from NY! » » »

Popular posts from this blog