For God so hated the world...

One great point being made repeatedly is that God loves us. HE is filled with lovingkindness and He keeps His promises. I have appreciated being reminded of this truth. The classic thinking of God as the big meanie in the sky waiting to pounce seems to want to creep into my view of God, but I am reminded that I am God's beloved.

Switching gears - I saw "derailed" last night. It was a good movie idea that ran out of time and just transformed the life of the main character in five minutes. In other words it wasn't believable, but still entertaining. There are some horrible scenes of violence and a theme of adultery that made my heart sick with frustration, but it showed a bit of the fruits of walking down that path in an extreme way.

Following God and His guidance brings life - to miss that mark is to see death.

Time to sit down, journal, watch TV, call my wife, pray or just take a nap.

We have sessions that go almost 2 hours four times a day. But, I am having fun.

Some of you emergent types would wet yourself because Rob Bell sat in front of me today! Yipee! ;) You know who you are and stop the hero worship you idolator! :)

Tongue in cheek and biting down,
sd

Comments

Dave Deur said…
Who's Rob Bell?

Show...
Wally Harrison said…
The real Rob Bell, did you pet his hair or just purr in his ear. I talked to him once you know, he even asked me if I had any good book ideas for him. He didn't but he might have if I wanted him to.
Deur said…
It was the real guy and he writes left handed which reminds me of Ehud the left handed judge in the book of judges.

I thought you'd appreciate it Wallace Daniel! :)

Popular posts from this blog