Mr.Mom

I am Mr. Mom.
Some things I learned the last few days of being home alone with my kids while my wife is sunning her pregnant bod on the beaches of Florida...
1) I can run a dish washer.
2) I can run a washer and dryer.
3) I can make a lunch.
4) I can do homework with my daughter.
5) I can pick up the house.
6) I can make a meal for a life group meeting.

I have been reminded of all the daily things my wife does that I take for granted. I have done all these things before, but when I occasionally do them, I make sure she knows and I get credit. But alas, she quietly, faithfully, makes the family go and for that she is priceless. I think I am going to try to help more around the house... :)

I am surviving.

I have really enjoyed reading Henri Nouwin's book called, "Life of the Beloved." Good stuff maynard.

I have zits,
sd

Comments

David Drury said…
So, are you saying that when you do these household chores and your wife is around that you go and tell her "hey, did you notice that I did the dishes?" even though she does it all week and never brags about it?

Yeah, I do that too.

However, when my wife is out of town I have yet to resort to the backup plan of posting that I did the dishes on the Internet so the whole world knows it.

You have evolved as a true Guy past me, my friend.

-David
Arkay said…
Duuude..
Unbelievable..
you have surpassed me as well.
But I don't get many zits anymore.
Go back to clearasil.
Deur said…
Dave - that was classic!
Arkay - I try to pop zits too soon - so they go wild and bleed on me and then I'm left with a red mark for five weeks. Patience is the key to popping. :)
Anonymous said…
Pregnant bod?

Wait a second. Somehow in the time I lost touch with the deurty's blog you two are expecting a third child!? Whoa! That's great dude. Congratulations! KORY (is a great name). Just think about it... :)

Popular posts from this blog