Thanksgiving is a whole life gig.

One of the things I was reminded of at my week long seminar was that the Western worldview is dualistic. In other words - we break up our bodies and our lives into little compartments. I have a body, I have a soul, I have a spirit, I have a mind, etc... But the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is a God who created us good and whole - not a bunch of parts - with some being good and some needed to be overcome. The physical which we often see as bad is actually good and not something we need to rise above.

So - I was reminded that God has given us everything and that we should respond with thanks.

During the conference Dwight (the teacher) mentioned that we should give thanks at all occasions and even mentioned that there were prayer of thanks for even our times of using the restroom. (Thank you God for opening our... you get the picture.) In other words, be thankful for even the little, basic, things we take forgranted.

So the next time you are in the restroom say thanks. :)

Thanksliving,
sd

Comments

Dave Deur said…
Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for the little things!

Show....
Deur said…
Someone who was constipated thanks God for the BM! It is the little things! :)

My junior high pastor days are showing.
BJ said…
I can't believe Dibs beat me to that comment...

Popular posts from this blog