Diet Coke

"I'll take a Diet Coke."
I say this right after ordering a two cheeseburger extra value meal.

Like that is going to help.

Anyways - I have enjoyed teaching with Steve and Nate. The last couple of weeks we have done tag team styled teaching and it has been a nice change of pace. I am more relaxed and enjoy learning from them as we go.

I have really realized how special our team is. I really enjoy the team that has been fitted together. Some people on our team have made great sacrifices to give their best time to the mission. Others could be doing something more prestigous, or profitable or even easier, but have given their all to God for this calling. We have fun together, we work hard together, we share life together and we pray together and we seek God together.

So, I want to say that I love the team that God has fitted together and I thank God that I get to be a part of this.

Heads up on something. Have you read through the gospels and noticed how many times Jesus heals people? I didn't spend much time reading or pondering these stories because they weren't in the "red", Jesus said them, letters. But, when Jesus proclaimed the KINGDOM of GOD He also demonstrated the Kingdom in power.

I have focused much of my attention over the last two years on living in the Kingdom of God in terms of serving the poor, caring for those without a voice, changing the way I think about money, feeding the hungry, giving hope to the helpless, loving the outsider, etc... This is all very Kingdom living, but I have missed the presence of God's power - the healing that occurs when the Kingdom comes. How God gets involved and when His Kingdom is announced - people's lives and bodies are changed. So I have been studying and praying through what it means to be like my master, Jesus, and to pray for the sick and to announce and demonstrate the Kingdom. I think I need a worldview shift. :)

Hello?
sd

PS - Special hello to my brother in law: Bif! You will always be Roland in the walk of life. Hile wordslinger.

Comments

BJ said…
I'd like to think I'm wrong, but the juxtaposition of "takes a we" with the tree is just too co-incidental when I take into account the warped minds of your team...

Tell me I'm wrong and that I am the warped one...
Dave Deur said…
Watermarkers always communicate in multiple realms. It's really a subliminal thing, even though your shoes get splattered with their holy we.
Deur said…
Dibs - the picture is so emergent I am getting neck pain looking at you.

BJ - you are too funny about that comment and believe me it entered our minds! But you are the one who goes by "BJ."

Popular posts from this blog