Okay.

Well - I finally saw the movie, "saved." It was good, but... I don't feel like going into the things that I didn't dig - mainly because the movie wasn't meant to be an accurate portrayal of the Christian life and it pretty much lived up to the producer's desired outcomes. So - yes - good and humorous movie on taking the Christian sub culture to an EXTREME level, but it left me with a bad after taste and it wasn't toward the whole "Christians give Christ a bad reputation" thing. Anyways - entertaining and lived up to what it was.

Here is a side note that I thought of as a result of the film and it has been in me for a spell. Do we waste too much time commenting on, mocking and pulling down the Christian sub culture? Do we know what we want to become and have something to look forward to? Can't we become who we are made to be - without spending a chunk of our time avoiding that which we don't want to be?

I am looking to live the optimistic, hopefilled, authentic (as possible) life with Jesus and I am getting the sense more and more that it has less to do with eluding something and more to do with embracing someone.

To all my "emergent" friends. Do we really need to be so angry? Is this the central fuel behind us?

Anyways - it is late - I am a nobody who is tired and thinking on the screen. So - I should stop and delete all of this. :)

REALITY IS not what it used to be,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog