Did I mention that I still have to return my rental of "Saved?" What the? Check out my Nov. 17th entry... oops. Now that is what I call solid stewardship. I totally forgot it was in my basement. I guess we haven't been watching a lot of TV down stairs or much at all for that matter.

But, it is not a new thing for me to have a late charge. Let me relay a brief encounter with my brother in law Bif. (His name is Brian, and he has his PHD and he is a college professor, but he goes by the name "Bif.") Anyways - Vicki and I are in the car with Bif and my sister and getting a new rental from Blockbuster. We knew we had a late fee and so when Vicki and my sister returned after paying the fee and sporting a new video I casually asked what the late fee was. Vicki responded with the amount and I wasn't listening closely so I misunderstood her. I exclaimed, "$35 dollars!" She calmly said, "No - not $35 - it was $15 dollars." I then casually said, "oh - that's good."

At this Bif is laughing and telling me that a good trip to Blockbuster for us is if we only have a $15 late fee. He was cracking up that we were not phased by a fee like that... But then again - we are the Deurs. :) But, we have been doing great until I realized that today.... Oh well... Looks like my kids aren't gonna have Christmas full of gifts! Just kidding.

I am locked and loaded for Sunday already! Already working on three weeks from now. I love getting ahead.

Got to hang at a little gathering to say farewell to Roach and Judy. I hope their time here will always be looked at with joy.

Lean back...
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog