I am in need of inspiration to blog. Anyways - a few of us went to a little morning conference regarding, "The emotionally healthy church." In anycase, much of it was good and the nugget I took away was that I needed more time to think, to be, to pray, to listen, to understand, to soak, to dream, to visioneer, to relax, to unpack the past, to embrace the present, to chart the future, to say I can't do it all, to depend, to learn to love... Time...

Going to "crank the beast" (as Brian King used to say) tomorrow on my message. All morning is message prep and the afternoon is a string of meetings.

Can I just say that doing things out of guilt really stinks. I have come to understand that guilt has been a chief motivator for me for most of my life. Maybe it isn't guilt... maybe it is not wanting someone to be disappointed... maybe it is deeper... maybe it is fear or maybe even pride... either way I find myself in the middle of it all. Funny - if someone is at the core of guilt motivation to do something you don't want to do - why not just not do it? That did not make sense when I typed it, but it did in my head. :) That means it's time for bed.

I am enjoying the Stephen King book: "The Dark Tower- book 3."

The Outfield should not be forgotten,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog