I heard a little Erwin McManus Q & A session where he describes "Postmodern churches" as a movement that is led by "angry church-going white kids." I thought this was brilliant! I am trying to piece together an article called, "emerging arrogance" which deals with the attitudes of those in the "emerging church" movement toward other churches and leaders. Another great point that McManus makes is that if your movement's primary drive is anger and you are defined by what you are not - then the movement will not live - afterall - God's kingdom runs on love and what we are called to be.

So - before we make our lists of what we aren't - let's define ourselves by God's Word and who we are to be. That sounds refreshing. It just isn't as fun as getting together with younger pastors and doing behind the scenes gossip on how our leaders just don't get it.

Blah blah blah Steve. :)

Countdown to NZ. Working on messages and laying things out. Looking forward to the experience and serving God in this way, but I will miss the family BIG time.

We got some offices to use from IPA in Grand Haven. They had some open space and are generosly allowing us to use four spaces. Very cool.

I have been hanging with two other fellas for a weekly Bible Study. We are reading the same chapter of the Bible every day. This week it has been James 2. I am struck by the fact that faith is not just passive belief, but action.

Got my haircut today at "Gingers" from Michelle. She is great at the hair stuff and helps me eliminate my dork look. If possible.

It's da Flav homes, cold chilling in effect,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog