Since you are a dedicated reader of "deurty," I want to share something with you before everyone else and it has nothing to do with having another child or anything like that. It has to do with Watermark.

As you may know we have been in the process of gearing up to add a second gathering on Sunday mornings. One is planned for 9:30 and the other for 11:00. The scheduled launch date for that is September 26th which is about a week away.

Anyways - our team has been phenominal in getting everything organized! People have been recruited and placed in service opportunities, timelines and systems have been established and structurally we are ready.

However, I have sensed uneasiness. The uneasiness I have felt has a few different sources, but one main foundational point. The sources are... There are still a lot of people who just don't know about adding a gathering. Also there is a lack of excitement surrounding the change. SOOOOOO - being that I am SUPPOSED to be leading I take these two things seriously and wonder where it comes from... hmmmm... maybe I am involved? :)

I recognize that I have been working hard at communicating about the systems and structures and the "little" whys to add a gathering and I have missed the HEART of the matter, which is reaching our lost friends and neighbors. As a result I have not been communicating the "BIG" why: which again comes back to making more room in our gatherings and in our lives to bring people not connected to Christ.

So - what do you do when you are leading and you realize this two weeks prior to launching a gathering? We have it all organized, but I see a passive spirit of why we are doing it in my own heart and in the people around me...

So - we have decided to push the date back to October 17th so that we will have more time to actively prepare our hearts for what God wants to do. That is the first Sunday following our one year anniversary. It is the start of year two! So we are launching a fun and vision oriented campaign called, "2 for 2." The idea is to play into the political campaign genre. We will have commercials, a fake candidate, flyers, posters, signs, etc... All to begin to get the purpose of why we are adding a gathering out to the team. "2 for 2" can be broken down into: 2 gatherings in year 2; 2 min. to pray at 2; and 2 people to bring to 2 gatherings. We also will be doing a devotional together that focusses on Christ's heart for the lost and our role in reaching our friends. We will have a week of prayer and fasting prior to starting the second gathering.

Anyways - please pray for God to move in our hearts! I wanted you to know - thanks!

Learning to be a follower,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog