As a senior in high school I was a regular at a club called, "The Park." It received that name because it was the old "Park Theater." We would go every Saturday night until midnight and dance and hang out with friends and the ghouls of the city. It was filled with all kinds of people... From goths (before it was terribly cool), to "progressive" people, to european styled dance freaks and even skin heads. It was a great time that taught me to care for and accept people different than me.

Anyways - in that time - I was growing my hair out and looking as "progressive" as I could. Putting the molding mud in my hair and throwing some cologne on was a ritual. I loved to dance and would dance hard for hours. Rarely did I take a break and by the end of the night I would be smelling like smoke, cologne and sweat. I loved it.

In anycase - those days are gone, but I made a mix CD of some old music I have and I thought I;d post it here to give you a feel for the music that was played. This is a sample.

Debaser Pixies
Join in the Chant Nitzer Ebb
Love Will Tear Us Apart Joy Division
No New Tale to Tell Love and Rockets
I Want Your (Hands on Me) Sinead O'Connor
Lucretia my reflection Sisters of Mercy
How soon is now? The Smiths
I wanna be adored The Stone Roses
In between days The Cure
She sells sanctuary The Cult
Please, please, please… The Smiths
A strange kind of love Peter Murphy
Shine On The House of Love
Cuts you up Peter Murphy
Getting away with it Electronic
Living in Oblivion Anything Box
Boys don't cry The Cure

Turned the table, turned the tide, left Joe Keith, without a ride.
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep up the good work »

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog