I have been watching the Republican National Convention in NYC when I get a chance or reading the speaches online when possible. I did the same for the Democratic Convention. This is the first time I am trying to follow these conventions more fully. It is interesting to see people wear their beliefs on their sleeves - literally! At both conventions - you see signs - you see buttons - you see hats - you see passion - etc... Anyways - being someone who loves politics, I have enjoyed both conventions so far.

I am going to New Zealand (in case I forgot to mention that) in late October / early Novemeber with a friend and fellow Watermarker, Peter Newhouse. We will be going to the Kiwi national conference of the Wesleyan church. I think I may be doing a seminar as well - still laying out details. The reason for our trip is to strengthen and more clearly layout our partnership with the church in New Zealand. I look forward to seeing our friends, Brett and Kristin Jones as well. There is a very young movement of churches that became Wesleyan and some church plants as well. In any case we are hoping to encourage the leaders, set up future short and long term missions opportunities, speak, connect more deeply with our partner church (Shore Grace) and learn as much as we can as we observe churches launching in a clearly post-christian nation. I look forward to going - it will be the sort of growth that I have not had is some time. My most intense spiritual gift (according to the three colors test) is 'missionary.' This means I am effective at adapting to new cultures and enjoy the process and being able to share life and Christ in culturally relevant ways. So, my soul is fed in new ways by God when I enter different cultures. I see God much more clearly in different cultures... From the inner city to over seas... Planting a church in West Michigan has helped me utilize this gift as well, because we connect with people different than us and people who are far from God.

In any case - I am excited.

We have two days of planning and growth for staff and interns today and tomorrow. We are working on our roles and reproducing ourselves, the pathway of a new person into the life of Watermark and working through our gathering upgrades we need to make. I pray God would give us energy, wisdom and unity in that time.

Oh - Autumn did awesome at Kindergarten!

Duran Duran was not just for the ladies,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog