I just got done watching the President deliver his acceptance speach at the GOP convention. Great speach - no matter your political background. Anyways - I was thinking how much I would love to have a moment to address the nation like that. It would be amazing to speak to millions with 15,000 supporters cheering you on and being able to state a vision clearly and with conviction. Man I get goose bumps thinking about that.

Then I think about the opportunity I have to stand in front of Watermarkers and to equip and cast vision and be used by God to call us to be world changers. The only way we can be a world changer is to help people encounter the heart changer personally. So, even though I would love to someday speak in a situation like that... I still think the role of teaching and equiping and leading in my current God-given capacity is where the eternal action is at... It is the action that touches this life and the life to come. It changes lives and gives hope to hearts. Government is a good and needed thing, but Jesus is where the action and change is at.

So - I enter my role as teacher with renewed focus, passion, excitement and energy - believing that God desires to move and renew people through His guiding Word and abiding presence. And guess what? We all are instruct and declare the truth if we know Jesus!

Heaven is watching... The world is watching... Let's get on with it.

Servant of the life changer,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog