Can you say 'modern day slaughter?' Wow - we had an awesome time at the Tiger's game (games in fact - yesterday's was rained out so we watched two instead of one!). BUT, they lost the first game to the Royals 26 to 5! That was not a typo. 26 runs on 26 hits. I have never seen such poor pitching or fielding! I have never seen so many lucky hits! Wow - it was horrible and painful to watch, but the Tigers roared back to a shutout in the next game thanks to a pitching gem from Jeremy Bonderman.

A few exciting details:
> We got the tickets and parking for free. (so everything is better)
> We saw two games instead of one.
> We had amazing seats only about 7 rows back from the visitors dug out.
> We saw George Brett only a few rows down from us and I spotted him before others.
He got up to get food or whatever and I said very non-challantly, "Hey George." Cool seeing a legend.
> I was able to spend great time with my grandfather, dad and sister.

An interesting fact:
Food is expensive! Wow! I don't drink beer and don't know prices, but they were selling cans for $7.25! I think that is high. Hot dogs: $3; Bottle of soda: $3.25; Nachos: $5 Man they give you heart attack meals to consume and make you pay heart attack prices. But there is nothing like a hot dog at the ball park!

Thanks to the fellas for recording their gift scores - looking forward to hearing others...

Tommy Brookens,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great site » » »
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog