Sometimes people call guys, "fixers." Yet I seem perfectly fine to make do with things half busted and rigged for working order. I adapt. Sometimes I spend more time adapting than actually fixing it.

Examples:
> Light bulbs don't get replaced regularly.
> Car exhaust goes unfixed.
> Shower knobs have been broken from day one and require a pliers.
> Remote controls busted for over a year and then realizing I can get a universal remote.
> An ugly extension chord solving an electical situation in our kitchen that could be sorted out.
> A toilet seat with a crack in it stayed on there for monthes - I just used the other one.
> Computer broken still and can't really use... Other computer zapped by power outage and needs fixing. N ow using a make shift monitor with my computer with a busted monitor, but this old Gateway monitor keeps zapping and shutting off.

Maybe you are getting the picture. In anycase I am the king of jerryrigging - but the problem is - I don't even do that - I adjust and work around something. I am ashamed of this and would like to change.

It has been five monthes since my last confessional.

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog